Sunday, October 22, 2006


I watched Don... no, I am not going to think about it... I cannot talk about it, because then I will think about it... And I do not want to recall the traumatic experience... Damn, I am still thinking about it... I might as well write the review.

Warning: I will reveal the suspense. If you want to undergo the trauma of watching it, avoid this post.

Hmm... Where do I start? Have you seen Big B's Don? I have not... I am glad I have not... I would have cried otherwise. People love Shahrukh, but can anyone compare him to Big B? No matter how Big shahrukh is, Big B is a class apart. Dont believe me??? Just watch the new "Don" and you will know. Thankfully, the movie has not given him scope for over-acting, so we are spared that torture... The movie is full of twists and turns... too many of them. Let me just list down what I liked and what I disliked:

LIKES:


  • Chunkey Pandey has a cameo role. I have liked him since I was a kid... it is always a pleasure to see him on screen....

  • Boman Irani, as always, has stolen the show. These days people will go watch a movie if it stars him. One good actor... He has even side-lined shahrukh in the movie.

  • The costumes have been designed by Aki Narula and they are too damn good. I am tired of seeing Manish Malhotra designs (even though I think they are great) in most of the movies. I wish more designers were roped in for movies... after all, what better place to showcase them and set trends?

  • Songs are good... not that gr8, but they reminded me of old Don's songs and it is always amazing to hear them.

  • It is good to watch a movie in which women are not the victims... liked Priyanka's role... she getting better with each movie

DISLIKES:


  • Shahrukh... he does not suit the role, at all. I was reminded of Big B all along... even Abhishek would have done a better job

  • Too many twists and turns, most of which were completely unnecessary

  • If shahrukh was the don, why was he doing all the dirty jobs himself? What happened to his side-kicks? What happened to delegation of responsibility?

  • Om Puri has gained too much weight.

  • Ok.. everything was crap.

Suspense: Don was Vijay all along. He had killed Vijay in the beginning itself.