Saturday, October 21, 2006

I had been waiting for the day to begin, because that would be the first step towards its end.

7-9 am: Distribution mgmt case analysis and presentation preparation
10:20 am-1:00 pm: Classes
1:00-3:30 pm: Study for supply chain mgmt quiz
3:50-6:30 pm: Classes
6:30-7:30 pm: Look for research paper for presentation on Tuesday.

Me: Finally... finally.... this day is over.... we are free, even if for one day.
A1: yeah... after that we have more assignments to work on
Me: lets do something tonight...
A2: What?
Me: Movie? We have to buy diyas also... and sweets.

So, after a lot of cribbing, fighting, tears, home-sickness... we have decided to celebrate Diwali as best as we can with our "temporary" family (as A1 calls us)... We were dressed to kill, but had nowhere special to go.... bought chocolates, sweets, diyas and crackers... munched on them at KMC greens, watched the fire-crackers and talked about good times... We have not done something like this in a long time. It felt good.... so, life is not perfect, but then it doesnt have to be. We have to make the best of what we have.
After a long time, I dressed well... on normal days; I couldnt care less about my clothes. I am not here to impress anyone... The worst clothes are placed at the top in my wardrobe...
I tried calling all my friends today, but couldnt catch hold of any... everyone is home. There isnt anyone online....
Chalo... not a problem... Happy Diwali!!!