Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Few years back a friend was narrating his break up.

Him: My aunt is a psychiatrist and I would study in her clinic. I could concentrate better. I met her at the clinic. She was a patient. Her bf had dumped her and hurt her terribly. We got talking and one thing led to another... Then, one fine day, without any reasons she dumped me.... just like that. I still dont know why she did that.
Me: Hmm... seems to me like she was on a rebound and needed somebody... Well, she could have dumped you much later and then it would be more difficult to get over her. But tell me one thing, I can see why she fell for you. Why did you fall for her.... I mean, what is lacking in your life, which need is unfulfilled that you sought refuge in her.
Him: Interesting... I never thought about that.

Everything we do is based on a need... we have to identify the need... it could be the need for company, appreciation, money etc. Consciously and unconsciouly we tend to move on after our need is over. Sounds very selfish, I know.... but look deeper and question yourself...

Love is a need too... a need for company, a need to be accepted, a need to be appreciated...

I had read somewhere that people get married because they are looking for someone who acts as evidence to their life... meaning, we all want someone who can remember who we were, who we are and who we will ultimately become.

Highlight of the week: Someone trying to make up for being so busy. It is easy to meet someone's expectations, but how many of us can do the unexpected and make someone's day?

Decision to be made: I can either get bugged and not involve myself in any of the activities and consider them a waste of time OR I can help out, have fun and just chill...
Hmm... decision made: I will pitch in, have fun and chill out...