Friday, November 10, 2006

I am reading the book "Positioning" By Al Ries and Jack Trout. I dont usaully read management books.. they bore me. But this one has me hooked. It was recommended by HRS. Thanks, buddy. Some of the lines I really like:

"Two people must meet in a situation in which both are receptive to the idea. Both must have open windows. That is, neither is deeply in love with someone else.
If you want to be successful in love or in business, you must appreciate the importance of getting into the mind first.
You build loyalty in a supermarket the same way you build mate loyalty in a marriage. You get there first and then be careful not to give them a reason to switch."

"You see what you expect to see"

"Old wrestling expression: You can't get pinned when you're on top" (No.. no... he means it in the clean sense... you pervert)

"Shakespeare was wrong. A rose by any other name would not smell as sweet"