Thursday, August 24, 2006

Hiiiiiiiiiii.... I feel so relieved. My presentation is finally over. It was quite bad... The profs actually laughed at me... It doesnt help that they laughed at almost everyone else.

The market research fair of TAPMI is called BrandScan. It is the largest in the country. The process is as follows. Proj com sources projects for TAPMI. Nominations for PL (Project Leader) are invited. PL selects one LSG. They are given a dummy objective for which they have to make a research design and a disguised game. After submission of the report, they have to present it the project to a faculty panel. Depending on the number of projects sourced, PLs are selected (the no. is between 10-15). They select LSG (Leader Support Group) consisting of 4 people and the work begins. During Nov, BrandScan is on. Teams are alloted at random to the PL and they have to help him/her out. For 2 days, there is a fair in Manipal which is one of the busiest days for a TAPMIan.

So, the process has begun. My LSG is H. We are both relieved it is finally over. We will be disapppointed if we dont selected after all the hard work put in. But then failures are a stepping stone to succes. I will be devastated but I will take it my stride.

For the last few days I have barely talked to anyone... not friends or family. I was too freaked out.. just wanted to get this over with. So, today I called my friends and family. I have brought 5 movies... no classes tom and I have no intention of opening any books. To de-stress myself, I went to one of my fav places on this planet... End point at Manipal. You have to see it to believe it. When I was leaving it was quite dark and there were fire flys everywhere. Imagine a huge dark tree with fire flys around it. It is a beautiful sight. Whenever I go to End point, every crap I go through in my life seems like it is worth it if.

I sometimes wonder why we have to earn, get married, complicate our life... if only we could live amidst nature and do nothing. What if we could live near the beach... eat fruits... gaze at the sun and then at the stars... if it is cold, we can find shelter under the trees or in the bushes...

I love to lie on my back and gaze at the stars... I have not done that in a long, long time...
Earlier, my friend and I would go to the place we call "Hillside" and lie on the grass, gaze at the stars and converse. The fact that it was just friendship made it all the more wonderful. Even though he turned out to be a bastard, those are still the best moments I have had at TAPMI... and definitely the best conversation. He has a very soothing voice... sometimes, we whispered to each other because we were awed by the beauty that lay ahead of us. We didnt want to disturb anything incase it was sleeping. Then there were times when we went there for morning walks, so that we could admire the place when there was light. In the early mornings, there is the moon in one part of the sky and the sun in the other part of the sky. I have explored most of the place and go there anytime I want a break.

Umm...