Friday, August 18, 2006

Every weekend I call friends in B'glore in the hope of bugging them (and making them commit suicide.. hasnt worked as of yet). This is how it goes:

Me: Hiya. Whats up loser?
A1: Hi. You pain-in-the-neck. Now what do you want? Let me sleep. Dont you have any assignments to do?
Me: Yeah... you just reminded me... See ya. Will bug ya later.

OR

Me: Hiya. Kya chal raha hai?
A2: Oye, main tere se baad mein baat karta hun. I am shopping.
Me: Shopping for?
A2: Clothes, bicycle... anything that catches my fancy. I am earning big bucks now.
Me: Ok, bye... I will go back to being broke.

Yeah, A1 and A2 are working in these IT companies and earning a bomb. I am JEALOUS. I wish I could say I will be doing the same next year... but I know I wont. I am not interested in the IT sector... I dont mind earning less (I probably will... because of the sector I am looking at) but I want a good job profile.
Anyway, last night A, A and I made plans about what we want to own in the next 5 years. Following is my list:
  • Apartment: I know it is a long way to go. But I desperately want to own an apartment.. something I can call home. It will be furnished by me and have my stuff only. Even after I am married, I will not sell it off or share it with my hubby. It will be my private nest.
  • Cel phone (probably the better version of Blackberry): I love gadgets and I want to own the coolest phone that is available in the market.
  • Laptop: I do love my laptop... but I want to buy an Apple or Dell lappies. Those babies are beautiful...
  • Tirth Yatra: Ok, this one is for my parents. It isnt something I can own.. but something I will gift them as soon as I can...
  • Clothes: Not ordinary clothes... but I wait for the day when I can afford to buy my casuals from Wills Lifestyle. I love their clothes. There is nothing even remotely ugly in the showrooms and every tee or pant flatters my unflattering figure. And the fabric is soooo soft....

Yep, thats all... I dont expect much... now, do I? ;)