Monday, June 19, 2006

Yesterday I went shopping at A’bad after more than a year, and I was amazed at the change in the city. Nice malls, good roads, good crowd… is the A’bad I had left behind? Is this the place I was bored with? Is this the city I never wanted to return to? is this the place where the people were not cool enough for me?

It feels good to be back. After staying in places like Manipal, Chennai and Bangalore I have realized where I want to spend the next few years of my life. It is in apnu amdavad. Home is where the heart is, and I have left my heart at A’bad.

These days whenever I switch to any news channel, I have to bear Rakhee Sawant with her “Kiss ka Kisa”. One thing is for sure, there is dearth of news. But I do appreciate the fact that there is a medium through which women can speak their mind. I believe that women should not keep shut. If you want to fight the pig you have to get dirty. I know a lot of women who tolerate all the shit they are given. They will never complain because they worry about “reputation”. What about self-respect? Isn’t that above everything else?