Thursday, June 01, 2006


A perfect life


I don’t believe in perfection. I think it is boring, an end. There isn’t scope for more. There is no next stage. Thankfully, I have been gifted with too many imperfections to ever reach that final stage. And yet I am leading a perfect life. The perfect word to describe it is, well, perfect. So, how did I reach it when I have been trying to do otherwise?

Confused? So am I. Let me start again. Have you ever felt like you have it all… love, friendship, money, talent…. Atleast, everything that matters? What I am wondering is, do I have it all or have I stopped focusing on what I don’t have? So, is happiness a choice? Can I be happy whenever I want to? Does it entirely depend on me? Yes. Nobody can make me happy except me. It is too personal to be affected by my external state.

A lot of you probably don’t agree with me, but that is okay. We all have our own philosophies and opinions about everything about the sun. But, do we have an open mind? Are we flexible enough to listen to the other person, to just give it one thought before disagreeing with it? That, my friend, is the real challenge.