Saturday, May 13, 2006

Do u know what I hate the most? Listening to love stories... and there cannot be love without heart-break; I end up listening to sad love kahaniya. Maybe the happy couple dont like to talk about it incase someone jinxes their happiness. Everyday I come across atleast one person willing to share his/her grief with me. The worst part is how I pretend to be Ms. Know-it-all and actually dispense advice. My only experience with love has been a 3.5 yrs long relationship; at the end of which the guy just walked out. By way of explanation I was told; "I dont believe in long distance relationships". Anyway, getting back to the topic. I have no successful experience with love and I have no desire for such anymore.
But here I am, listening with rapt attention; his/her life depends on my correct advice. One wrong move and he/she will be ruined. And I secretly smile to myself; "Thank god! It is him/her and not me". Selfish? I know...
There are other times when I try and sort things out between a couple. Talk to her and then talk to him... act as a go-between. Stupid, na? And all I really want to do is cry out; "Buddy, do you ever wonder about me? What I want? Why I am listening to your crap day in and day out? Dont you wonder if I get tired of your crying? Dont you get tired of it all?"
Maybe I am being mean. Have I forgotten what I was like when I was in a relatonship? I used to cry at the drop of a hat... was totally obssessed... couldnt control my emotions. I guess I have forgotten.
But again tom, thats what I will do. Impersonate Agony Aunt and give out love advice like I've been there and done it all with success....